Downtown Doings

This Afternoon, I traveled into Downtown to try and photograph some of MTA's newest buses, 2009-2010 New Flyer DE41LFRs as the weather service called for rain for the next day.

As per my usual first Saturday bus ride, i rode a 2002 Neoplan #0263 to Mondawmin Metro Subway Station. The ride was quick but packed with a combination of women, children, yo-boys, and addicts...and this is with the bus ON TIME.
Arriving 20 minutes later, I waited for a connecting Route 7 to take me into Downtown (Never ride the train into downtown, rather enjoy more bus riding). A few minutes into my wait, 1998 NABI #9863 set up a decent photo op south of the station:



After disembarking for the 7, one of the free shuttles came around and presented another great photo op.

With some trees in spring bloom, it's only a matter of time before more days of blue sky and sunshine emcompass the country.
Continuing on, I made my way towards the main shopping drag in downtown and where I could have the best chance of finding my prey. Success was avoiding me this day as sunlight was in one direction and my prey was heading in the other. Meanwhile, some of the more standard equipment presented decent photographs:


I patiently waited for one of the New Flyers that I saw on my way Downtown to return, a venture that took almost twenty-five minutes to occur. One of my major gripes about that shopping drag is a parking lot just before the intersection seen in the first photo. It's a four lane street and at multiple points of the day, cars and SUVs block traffic trying to get into a 100+ space lot. This has an adverse effect on the schedule as buses are sometimes fall behind, sometimes as much as 20 minutes.
Eventually, 9062 found its way through the mess for this photo taken a block south:




In the next half-hour, two more showed up, 9084 & 9094:




Three for today was better than I expected.Packing it up soon after that, i returned home to add this to my collection while looking forward to the next nice day...Thursday
Nabinut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The history of Metro Transit Archives Part I (1997-2002)

The History of Metro Transit Archives Part II (2003-2006)

Metro Transit Archives After Dark: Prime Time (So.Cal Style)