Night Photography (Part II)

Good day:

Continuing on the theme of Night Photography, we will do a little time traveling to the year 2008.

In that year, I had a different camera (Nikon D80) and spent the fall and early winter traveling the eastern seaboard.

This was my first true chance to develop my skills in night photography. The best quality about digital is the means to see your photo right away. I took advantage of that when I visited New York City in November, 2008.

With 6,000 buses and 7,000+ trains, New York City is a transportation photographer's dream.

In those days before exposure delay, image stabilization or photoshop, a photographer would never steady hands to create a photo. My camera had neither so I relied on those steady hands. Posted below are some examples of those steady hands.

*Some of these photos took 3-6 times to get right.







Fast forward four years later and I now have those missing elements of exposure delay (Nikon D90) and photoshop. Below are three images, taken in 2012. Can you see the difference?



While the best camera and editing software helped the 2012 photos, I'm more partial to the "work" done to create the 2008 shots. What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The history of Metro Transit Archives Part I (1997-2002)

The History of Metro Transit Archives Part II (2003-2006)

Metro Transit Archives After Dark: Prime Time (So.Cal Style)